cole45
Town Member
Town Member

The Dark Tower

Post by cole45 »

I know there are some dark tower nuts.

Updated] STEPHEN KING WRITING HIS DARK TOWER FOR MARVEL
Updated Thursday, 10/27

Stephen King and Marvel Comics seems now to be a corroborated collaboration.

On Thursday, Publishers Weekly’s Calvin Reid reported that King has agreed to write a new installment of his own Dark Tower series as a graphic novel to be published in 2006, and drawn by Jae Lee and colorist Richard Isanove.

According to Reed, a spokesperson for Marvel confirmed a deal regarding the publication of a King work will be announced on Friday, although no more details were disclosed.

Reed also reports that “sources” say that the new Dark Tower installment will be published first as a comic book periodical beginning in April and later released as a Marvel hardcover in the fall of 2006.

The deal has been widely rumored since Marvel itself released the “King” teaser image at last summer’s Comic-Con International: San Diego. Though those rumors have centered on which Marvel property King might work on … an adaptation of his own work can be considered something of a surprise..

That information surfaced yesterday when the UK-based website PN Online, first reported King/Jae Lee/Marvel as confirmed and announced it would be based on Dark Tower.

:twisted: :lol:
Travis Cole
Ravinal
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ravinal »

I will buy it all!
deceased
Talana Isilisurë
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Talana Isilisurë »

Screw that noise, I'm still waiting for his sequel to "Eyes of the Dragon" which was his real beauty... :?
Talanalassë Isilisurë
Elven Artificer
"Seere ana ilya..." ("Peace to all...")
Claude du Sinjin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Claude du Sinjin »

Well, Eyes of the Dragon is part of the Dark Tower books ya know... ;) So, it kinda has its sequels. Eventhough a direct-sequel would be pretty damn cool. Has King ever mentioned writing one?
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

Oooh, cool.
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Travis: Crap he is on to me.
Talana Isilisurë
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Talana Isilisurë »

Claude du Sinjin wrote:Well, Eyes of the Dragon is part of the Dark Tower books ya know... ;) So, it kinda has its sequels. Even though a direct-sequel would be pretty damn cool. Has King ever mentioned writing one?
Sorry that it took me so long to respond to this Blondie, but I've been searching for the book...

I thought I read somewhere that he had started the sequel, or that it was one of the last pages, but I couldn't find it. :(

However the last line is: "But now the hour is late, and all of that is another tale, for another day."

To me that implies a promise... ;)
Talanalassë Isilisurë
Elven Artificer
"Seere ana ilya..." ("Peace to all...")
Claude du Sinjin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Claude du Sinjin »

It would be nice I must admit. But I seem to remember (maybe Travis can help me on this) the Man in Black mentioning the death of a couple of the individuals that pursued Flagg. Not that his words can be trusted of course, but it at least implies that yes, King has thought about what happened to these characters.
"The knight... is down."

Claude the Expired
Black Knight of the True Dragon
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

ALso

Post by cole45 »

Also, The rug in the Ticktock Man's Lair came from that kingdom. So they are connected in serveral ways. However, since He's "officially" retired from book writing, the only possible sequel ould need to be in another media. (I use quetes because I'll believe that when I see it.)

Here's hoping. I don't care what sequel any of them are , as long as they are dark tower books. I'm a Calvinist that way.
Travis Cole