Board Game In Development

Let the sane of mind not trod here!

Moderator: Admin

GM-Mike
GM

Board Game In Development

Post by GM-Mike »

As some of you may know, the next venture for Brad, Chris, and I is the world of board games. We currently have a game that has been in development for well over a year, a cooperative fantasy dice game, currently called Dice and Dragons. The next stage for us is blind play testing where we hand out prototypes for people to play without us being there. Basically read the rules to check for clarity, and then play it and give feedback as to what was fun, what wasn't, what worked and what didn't. If anyone is willing to help us out we will credit you in the rule book. Our hope would be to hand out prototypes at the August event and get it back with feedback by the October event. If you are not going to be at the events but want to help out, we can arrange for it to be mailed as well. The game currently supports 2-4 players but we are developing a solo variant as well that should be ready to go by the August event. If you are willing to help, just reply here or message me. Thanks!
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Board Game In Development

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

Count me in, I will even take it to play at the board game meetup group night.
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Thanks!
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Mike -

In a little more than a week, a few of us are heading off to GenCon - a VERY LARGE gaming convention. I don't know if you have prototypes available yet, but I could bring it and expose some of my out-of-state friends (and maybe family) in the open gaming area.

Next year, you could consider something like - http://www.gencon.com/host/feph
While GenCon is HUGE and would expose your game to people from all parts of the United States (actually, internationally), it is on the more pricey side.

There's always Grand-Con, a gaming convention in Grand Rapids. It's pretty tiny, but comparatively cheap. You could probably still get in this year to get people to do some testing. http://www.grand-con.com/

Just some thoughts.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Thanks! We won't have prototypes ready in all likelihood, though I appreciate the offer. I doubt we will bring the game to gen con next year. Maybe Origins. We will see. Love Gen Con though. Have a great time!
AltonCol
New in Town
New in Town

Post by AltonCol »

GM-Mike wrote:Thanks! We won't have prototypes ready in all likelihood, though I appreciate the offer. I doubt we will bring the game to gen con next year. Maybe Origins. We will see. Love Gen Con though. Have a great time!
What's going on with the project, Mike? Did you successfully show the prototype on some cons? I'd love to hear some updates because this boardgame sounds awesome judging from the info.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

We’ve actually shelved Dice and Dragons for the time being. As it was our first attempt it was admittedly a little rough. We may come back to it at some point should a good idea materialize. In the mean time, we’ve been working on a trio of other games, one of which we got a big time publisher to look at though they eventually passed. Still we were optimistic that we could get someone to take a look. All three games we took to Unpub this year and got some real positive feedback and we’re currently refining those games based upon the feedback/suggestions we received.